2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIP – Data Analytics
adidas – Portland, OR
Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is like? Are you a sports lover who’s ready to work in an international environment and take responsibility for your own projects? Then welcome to adidas. This is an opportunity to join a truly global business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse. If you share our love for sport and competition and have the drive to be number one in what you do, then consider this option to join our winning team!
NOTE: The application for a 2020 internship will close on NOVEMBER 15, 2019. We will not accept any late applications. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received and we will communicate your status after the application closes on November 15. Thank you for your patience while we review your candidacy!
CALLING ALL CREATORS
You are mobilizers who push us forward. Who challenges the status quo. The generation of ground-breakers, pace-makers and game changers. Your confidence breathes life into our brand and helps us to create unique experiences.
We don’t have all the answers yet, that’s why we need you! Join us. Create the new.
2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Interns are paid hourly a minimum of $19/hr based on position and level of education. Our benefits include travel to and from the internship paid for up front by adidas as well as an additional stipend to assist in your time in Portland, OR.
The Internship program includes the following elements to round out the work you do with our design teams on a day to day basis:
- Intern Orientation
- Speaker Series with business leadership
- Cross-Functional Project
- Social Events
- Mentorship Program
- Employee Perks – product discount, gym membership, etc
- Raise brand awareness through market and research analysis on the consumer.
- Gather data and identify trends/opportunities to evolve and grow the business; quantify growth opportunity and financial projections.
- Identify focus areas and make recommendations to improve brand presence.
- Present ideas to engage with our consumer beyond digital & social and present a point-of-view on the athlete, collegiate asset and celebrity activation.
- Partner cross-functionally on communications, product cycle process, media requests, etc.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in data processes automation through scalable and repeatable processes
- Develop predictive models using Python, R, or using statistical platforms such as SPSS
- Experience with Alteryx is strongly preferred
- Experience with Microstrategy or Tableau is preferred
- Experience with SAP HANA or Exasol is preferred
- Data preparation and munging with a variety of relational and non-traditional data sources
- Currently enrolled in a 2019-2020 full-time academic program.
- Graduating in winter 2020 or spring 2021
- Eligible to work in the US without restrictions.
- Available to work full-time in Portland, Oregon for the duration of the 12-week program (May 27th – August 14th) ***June start date optional based on academic calendar***
- Submit a portfolio of your work (optional)
We’d like to get to know you beyond a traditional Cover Letter. Please attach a 1-page PDF document to communicate to us what makes you a CREATOR. You may use written communication, images, sketches, or any other means to communicate this as long as it is on 1 page and formatted as a PDF. This should be fun – we want to see what makes YOU uniquely you!
File must be under 5MB and attached in place of the Cover Letter.
Want to get a behind the scenes look at our Portland office? The Village