Deadline: 15 Nov 2021 (annual)
Study in: USA
Next course starts 1 July 2022
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
Accredited U.S. institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions.
Number of Awards:
Women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000
Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- • Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- • Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by 15 November 2021.
- • Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- • Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- • Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score or other acceptable verification.
- • Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2021; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- • Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
See the full eligibility criteria at the official website (link found below) for more details.
Applications and submission of supporting documents are done online. The application deadline for AY 2022-2023 is 15 November 2021.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application and for detailed updated information on this scholarship/fellowship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/