Anglophone Ashoka West Africa is looking for young individuals in Nigeria who have discovered their power to effect change for the benefit of all, and who are engaging their peers and society as a whole in realizing a world in which everyone is a changemaker. This is a co-leadership program for teenagers who are leading social impact activities in areas such as climate action, healthcare, education, gender, diversity-equity-inclusion, minority rights, ICT, agriculture, and economic sustainability, among others. This is a chance for young people to take the lead and change the world with Ashoka!
You can nominate yourself or a young person you know who fits the criteria.
- Membership to a select network of powerful young people and social entrepreneurs from various countries.
- Invitation to participate in community events and peer learning sessions with other young changemakers and leading social entrepreneurs to help you advance your leadership and changemaking competencies.
- Features in different media outlets and opportunities to share your story on reputed platforms and with partner groups.
- Mentorship and support to implement your ideas to create an ‘Everyone a Changemaker’ culture in your school/community/city.
- Opportunities to brainstorm and collaborate with the most influential next-generation leaders of your country in various arms of government, media, business, education systems, and philanthropies.
- He or She is between 12- 20 years of age
- A founder/Co-founder/leader of a social initiative that has achieved positive impact in the community
- He or She has formed a team that works with him/her to achieve this impact
- He or She helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. He or She is always committed to the good of all.
- Interested in taking on a new role as Ashoka’s partner and co-leader
- Ashoka is looking for Nigeria’s best young problem-solvers and changemakers and many of them might even be in your vicinity; teenagers in your family/friends’ circle and those of your team members, beneficiaries/contributors in your programmes for young people, students in the schools/colleges/communities you work with or your student volunteers
DEADLINE: October 25 2021
To apply and for more information visit here