The Innovating Education in Africa Expo has continued to gather momentum and established itself as the leading Pan-African event promoting the adoption of Education Innovations in Africa. In light of the above, the African Union Commission (AUC) and Partners across Africa will hold the third edition of Innovating Education in Africa Expo as a virtual series of events and activities from October 2020 – June 2021.
The innovation should either be in the phase of piloting or implementation in Africa with some demonstrated success. The solutions should focus on one or more aspects of the education delivery system including data and analytics, teaching and learning management software, teaching and learning materials, connectivity of schools, assessment, education hardware and infrastructure, and school administration. Additionally, the innovation should satisfy at least one of the following:
- Enable access to education and improved quality of delivery for those who are unable to access existing services.
- Demonstrate a scalable, sustainable business and financing model.
- Provide services to consumers at lower prices than existing alternatives.
Successful applicants will benefit from one or more of the following:
- Receive cash grants up to 100,000 USD.
- Innovation promoted to policy makers, investors, and practitioners during the Virtual Exhibition Day.
- Participate in entrepreneurship training, business incubation and acceleration program towards strengthening business model and scaling up of innovations.
- Innovation published in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2020.
- Certificate of Recognition from the African Union Commission.
Applications are accepted from entrepreneurs aged between 18-35 years. Organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Implementing an education innovation in Africa in line with the “background” and “innovations being sought” defined in the Call for Submissions.
- Should have been a legally registered and operational for not less than 1 year.
- Should not have previously awarded in the top 10 category of the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2018 and 2019
For more information, visit African Union