Novo Nordisk International Talent Program is a scholarship programme set up to assist students from the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU) and Harvard University in a range of select academic fields seeking to study abroad at the University of Copenhagen.
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be enrolled in a degree programme at a IARU university or Harvard University
- Apply for admission at UCPH as an exchange or guest student
- Meet a GPA requirement of minimum 3
- Be engaged in study activities pertaining to metabolism, insulin, haemoglobin, obesity, big data or digitalisation
- Study at third year Bachelor’s level or Master’s level while at UCPH in one of the following programmes:
Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biology, Biology-Biotechnology, Computer Science, Food Innovation and Health, Global Health, Health Informatics, Chemistry, Human Biology, Human Physiology, Human Nutrition, Immunology and Inflammation, Medicinal Chemistry, Medicine and Technology, Medicine, Molecular Biomedicine, Nanoscience, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Public Health. Students coming out of other fields of study can apply with projects pertaining to metabolism, insulin, haemoglobin, obesity, big data or digitalisation.
There are two application deadlines per year:
- October 25th for studying at UCPH in the following semester.
- April 1st for studying at UCPH in the follwoing semester or for summer schools.
We will open for submission of applications one month prior to the application deadline.
The scholarship may be spent towards the cost of tuition fees, travel costs, insurance, and other expenses incurred in connection with studying abroad at UCPH.
The scholarship will typically amount to approximately €1200 a month. Depending on the costs and length of the study abroad at UCPH, it may increase up to €26000 in total.
Scholarships are awarded for up to one academic year. The programme gives priority to applicants who display a strong academic background and have submitted an ambitious study plan for their stay at the University of Copenhagen.
For students of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Students enrolled in programmes of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, are considered to be Healthcare professionals and are subject to The Promotion Code for Danish Healthcare Professionals, describing the regulation of promotion activities between the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare professionals.
As a consequence NNITP scholarships for these students will amount to documented expenses incurred in connection with studying abroad for: travel expenses (for flight tickets economy class only), house rent, insurance and if relevant UCPH tuition fee.
How to apply
To submit an application, you will be required to prepare following documents:
- Application form containing a motivated study plan and a list courses you plan to attend during your study abroad – download here
- Transcript of records in English from your Bachelor’s programme and Master’s degree programme (if applicable)
Please fill in the form electronically and attach all documents as PDF files. Please do not attach recommendations.
You will be requested to submit your GPA, including both Bachelor’s and Master’s grades (if you have Master’s grades). Please use this GPA calculator.
If you are applying from the National University of Singapore, the NUS CAP wil be converted to GPA by multiplying the NUS CAP with 0,80.
You may expect to hear about the outcome of your application 4-8 weeks after the application deadline.
Questions and communication
If you have any questions about the application or the Novo Nordisk International Talent Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org