Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment? Our Human Capital practice is on the forefront of helping to solve the government’s most complex challenges – from the organizational shifts that result from rapidly evolving missions, to declining job satisfaction, duplication of HR services across agencies, and continuously rising costs of HR systems. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with public sector clients, consider a career in Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) Human Capital practice.
This position will be based primarily in Abuja, Nigeria. Candidates must be able and willing to travel as needed for the project. This is a multi-year project engagement and prior USAID experience is required.
Work you’ll do
NPSP is funded by Power Africa, a U.S. Government-led partnership coordinated by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Communications Manager will manage the Nigeria Power Sector Program/USAID PMO’s cross-cutting communications and outreach component and provide strategic leadership and implementation support to promote the program’s accomplishments and deliver on the project’s communication and outreach priorities in Nigeria.
- Inspire, lead, manage, and ensure the day-to-day performance of supervised staff in compliance with the project’s strategy, policies, and work plan.
- Work with technical leads and communications team to develop and implement yearly strategic communications plans to promote the client’s activities to target audiences.
- Maintain effective, cooperative relationships across management, technical, and operations teams.
- Provide strategic direction for the project’s technical teams in support of using communications to strengthen work plan implementation and results;
- Develop, implement, and monitor the NPSP’s editorial calendar, ensuring flow of regular, engaging coverage to promote and showcase NPSP activities in USAID, USAID Nigeria, and Power Africa publications on social media sites.
- Develop compelling project narrative and messaging to inform stakeholders about successes achieved, foster ongoing engagement and support, and continually communicate support for improved access to electricity.
- Create a portfolio of marketing collateral to promote project activities to target audiences, including program talking points, fact sheets, one-pagers, info kits, and similar;
- Conceptualize and implement communications campaigns based on technical team activities;
- Conceptualize and manage events to promote and support project work – such as technical workshops, high-level conferences, and peer-to-peer learning events – and develop communications as needed
- Lead the review, editing, and branding of all major contractual and technical deliverables in various publication forms for readability, spelling, grammar, accuracy, punctuation, consistency, and logic
- Organize staff trainings to develop communications skills, such as writing and editing best practices, developing success stories, and producing engaging social media posts;
- Perform any and all tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or designee
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the public sector marketplace.
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management (PMO)
- Experience with strategic communications, publication, editorial, social media, stakeholder engagement and event management
- USAID experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media Studies, or other related field
- Ability to support engagements of greater than average size and complexity
- Ability to lead multiple teams and multiple clients with confidence
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor and manage junior staff and further their professional growth
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship; ability to work onsite with the client in Nigeria throughout the duration of the project
- Willingness to travel for the project as needed, which will likely include international and/or overseas travel
- Experience in international development and aid efforts
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: change and communications management, communications strategy and planning, stakeholder engagement planning, social media strategy, event management, business writing/communication
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Ability to start a new position with 2-3 weeks’ notice upon accepting an offer
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20ROSCMGRJB94965-HC