The Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme cultivates the leaders of tomorrow by providing outstanding university graduates and professionals from developing and emerging economies with the opportunity to pursue fully-funded graduate studies at the University of Oxford, combined with a comprehensive programme of leadership development, long-term mentoring and networking.
The Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme was established in 2015 thanks to generous donations from multiple donors to mark the 95th birthday of Lord Weidenfeld.
In June 2017, Chairman André Hoffmann pledged an additional donation of £9m to the Trust which, thanks to matched funding of £6m from Oxford University, will double the size of the Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme.
- Host: University of Oxford
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £15,609
- Deadline: January 21, 2022
This scholarship is part of the Oxford Graduate Scholarships, which were established through a ground-breaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world. The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by supporters of the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, including Fondation Hoffmann. Fondation Hoffmann is a Swiss-based grant making institution supporting the emergence and expansion of concrete projects which address global problems in today’s societies.
The Leadership Programme is a unique part of these scholarships, and more information on this can be found on the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust website.
The scholarship will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £15,609). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
You must be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
Please review the information below to see the complete list of eligible courses. You must also be ordinarily resident in one of the eligible countries listed.
- BCL Bachelor of Civil Law
- MBA Master of Business Administration
- MJur Magister Juris
- MPP Master of Public Administration and Policy
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MSc Comparative Social Policy
- MSc Contemporary Chinese Studies
- MPhil in Development Studies
- MSt Diplomatic Studies
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Education (Comparative and International Education)
- MSc Education (Higher Education)
- MSc Energy Systems
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Global Health Science and Epidemiology
- MSc International Health and Tropical Medicine
- MSt Islamic Studies and History
- MSt Jewish Studies
- MSt Korean Studies
- MSc Latin American Studies
- MSc Law and Finance
- MSc Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing
- MSc Migration Studies
- MSc Modern Middle Eastern Studies
- MSc Modern South Asian Studies
- MSc Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies
- MSc Social Science of the Internet
- MSc Sustainability, Enterprise and the Environment
- MSc Water Science, Policy and Management
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £15,609). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
Method of Application
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select the Weidenfeld-Hoffman Scholarship and Leadership Programme in the Funding section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant December or January deadline for your course (7 January or 21 January 2022). You must also complete a Weidenfeld-Hoffman Scholarships Statement and upload it together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.